YAB Spring Writing Bootcamp :: Goals



From the Writing Recharge frying pan into the YAB Spring Writing Bootcamp fire.... I've joined the YA Buccaneers three-month boot camp challenge. Check out all the details here.

My goals will be similar to what I did for Writer Recharge, broken down by month:

MARCH
  • Finish the first full draft of my current WIP, a story about a former hockey playing metalhead who escapes the drama of Real Life for a week in Florida, which turns out to have plenty of drama of its own. Its working title is KEYS.
  • Host not one but TWO spectacular birthday extravaganzas in the same weekend! First, for my darling dear sweet daughter, Birdy, a fabulous afternoon of Disney's Frozen with seven of her closest friends. The next day, a classy classic Motion Picture-themed luncheon for my mother, who turns 80 this month. (I include this here so that you all understand the reasons behind me going a little batty around the third week of the month.)
APRIL
  • Perform reconstructive surgery on the completed draft of KEYS. If you're new to my blog, I should explain that I typically don't write my novels chronologically, and this can get fairly messy. April will mean more than revision; I will tear KEYS apart and stitch it back together in the correct order. 
  • Send KEYS to CPs on Friday, April 25.
MAY
  • Complete revisions based on CP feedback.

ALL THREE MONTHS
  • Write or work on something writing-related every single day, no exceptions.
  • Read every day, even if it's just one chapter.
  • Do not relinquish my recently reclaimed lunch break. Here's what's allowed during those precious thirty minutes at the day job:
    • Reading
    • Client edits or other CP work
    • Writing and/or writing-related notes or tasks
    • Trips to the library or other personal errands
    • NOT ALLOWED: Working  

As a Crew Member, I'll be on one of the Accountability Teams - and I can't wait to join in this fantastic challenge and see where it can take us!

So - have you started thinking about your goals yet? DO IT! Post your goals and be sure to sign up with the Buccaneers! We're a fun bunch and not scary at all, I promise!

Comments

  1. I need to schedule some daily read-time, too. My TBR-list is even bigger than usual lately :) Good luck with your goals, I'm looking forward to kicking some butt with you in this bootcamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely joining this! Can't wait! Good Luck Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYY! I love this. You're so organized, and the bit about performing reconstructive surgery totally made me laugh. :) I also love your goal to reclaim your lunch hour. I have little bits of time during the day that I could use for writing, but they easily get soaked up by other things I "have" to do. Anyhow - this is a great reminder to reclaim those little pockets of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey again, Sara! Your goals look awesome! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great luck to you Sara! I will be checking back on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Sara! Sounds like you will be pretty busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up to this, it's a fantastic idea! :) Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are great goals. I'm so excited to take part in Boot Camp, here's hoping we all get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what? I think I'm going to start my own reoccurring boot camp. I love this idea! Set goals, joining with others, and drive. Nice!

    Sheri at Writer's Alley

    Home of Rebel Writer CREED 2014
    Mighty Minion Bureau Team #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your goals sound great! Good luck with all of them! I love that you reclaimed your lunch hour - I need to do the same. I also need to get back into reading every day. I used to read during my train commute but now I drive to work, so I need to get in the habit of reading either during my lunch break or at home before bed or something.

    I've been traveling for the past week so I haven't had the chance to set my goals. Looking forward to doing so tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment